Monday, March 5, 2012

"Meh" big writing


"Meh"

"Do i have to go?" My voice sounded sore like an old man's. "Yes, of course!" My mom replied cheerfully. "Why wouldn't you anyway?" where would you like me to start i whispered to myself. I walked into the living room and looked at the clock. 6:47. I sighed at the sight at the clock. I usually play video games at this time but instead i had to go to the community yard sale. The community yard sale was a held twice a year in a big amphitheater in Seaside. You'd call the person who sets up the yard sale and buy a booth for a cheap price, and then you bring all your old junk down and dump on a table and try to sell it to all the people who come there each year. We didn't often set up a booth, usually just going to look at the limited amount of cool stuff that people sell like keys, foreign coins, and old books. My brother wants to go to it every year so he can buy a bunch of stuff he doesn't need. I put on my jacket and get in the car.

 The car is so cold that i cant touch the metal part of the seat belt. When we got to Seaside we had to ride around for 15 minutes to find a parking space before my dad decided to drop us off so he could find a parking space. I started walking around the top tier of the amphitheater. The amphitheater was shaped like a half of a bowl with a stage in the very bottom. there were 4 tiers of booths starting with the first one at the top of the bowl. The first tier had nothing interesting so I made my way to the second. As I rounded the corner to the second tier i passed an elderly lady. The air around the woman smelled of rotten lemons and dust. I started breathing through my mouth and thought to myself about how i wasn't going to go to that booth. There was some cool things on the second tier like a booth set up by a toy store, and a booth selling old books about minerals.

 As i started to round the corner to the third tier, i spotted my mom and my brother up on the first tier. I walked up to them. "What are you doing?"  "Oh just helping your brother decide what he wants to buy, he's trying to decide between this Vanderbilt 46 and this Souther Pacific 464, but he's also interested in the bla bla bla, blabla bla blaba, bla bla" I silently slipped away from my mom and my brother as they turned their backs. I forgot to mention that the only reason my brother wants to come here every year is to see if they have any model trains. I continued on around the corner to the third tier.

 The third tier had a little more stuff then the second tier: a hippie selling some weird carved charms, a middle eastern man selling some cool scarab jewelry made out of turquoise, an elderly lady selling art made out of drift wood, and a lady selling these weird coins that were supposedly American coins that had retired. I wanted to buy one of the little scarab charms from the middle eastern man but i had no money. I went back up to my mom and brother. "I want a snack." I told my mom in an especially whiney voice. "Heres five dollars, go over to Great Southern and get some food." I took the bill and stuffed it into my pocket.

 I went across the street to Great Southern and bought myself a 1.50 sprite. Making sure my mom wasn't around, I took the recite and the change and put it in my back pocket. I walked back down into the amphitheater avoiding my mom. When i reached the scarab stand I looked at the price of the charm. 3.50. I had just enough! I put the money on the table in front of the man and pointed at the charm. The man swiped the money off the table and handed me the charm. I motioned wrapping the charm and he handed me some tissue paper. I wrapped up the charm in the paper and stuffed it deep in my pocket. "Hey, Greyson." I jurked my head around to see my mom cupping her hands around her mouth like a megaphone to yell for me. "Hey, Greyson." She repeated. I thought about responding but instead i just ran to her. As I ran up the hill I noticed that some of the booths were gone. I looked at my wrist hoping that I was wearing a watch, I wasn't. "Come on Greyson, time to go!" "Really!" I responded gleefully. "Yes! you can go home and play video games all you want." I jumped into the car just as the door opened. When we get to the house I run to my computer and open it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment