Monday, May 7, 2012

Washington DC big writing, Draft #1, May 7, 2012

Over the four days that I stayed in Washington DC I think me, my group, and my chaperones did more than I normally do in a month. In one day alone we went to two to three memorials as well as three to four museums, on the last day we also went to a zoo. We could've stayed in DC for two weeks and we still wouldn't have run out of things to do. We even went on a ghost tour later one night. Washington DC is a very fun place to go if your looking for a lot of things to do, here are some of things to do:

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum is very fun if your looking for something obscure to do. If you have just spent a few days touring around seeing some of the things like the Capitol or the Lincoln Memorial then this is definitely a change of scenery. Although you wouldn't normally except much from the small building on the corner, it is quite outstanding. Last week When we went to the museum I was very impressed at how realistic the wax figures looked, if you took a picture by one of the figures and showed it to your friends they would believe you! Although it might not look like a large tourist trap, that doesn't mean its not fun, in fact it is quite the opposite. I would highly recommend that if you are in the area that you visit Madame Tussauds.

The Newseum is the museum of news and journalism. The Newseum hosts exhibits ranging from the history of news and journalism, to a piece of the berlin wall, to an archive of newspapers from different eras, to a piece of the world trade center. The Newseum is also highly interactive, for example there are interactive touchscreen panels showing todays newspapers from around the world. Although if you happen to go to the Newseum someday, and you are afraid of heights, you might not want to take the glass elevator to the fifth floor.

If you are an animal person like me than you definitely want to visit the National zoo. The zoo is a great place to see animals that you wouldn't normally see in zoos, like giant pandas or kiwi birds. If you want to see smaller mammals, they have a section for that, or amphibians they have a section for that too. When we went to the zoo i was very astonished at how convenient it was, if i wanted to see a orange toxic newt you could just go to the salamander section and find the label that says "orange toxic newt." the zoo was very fun, I would love to go there again.

All together going to DC was a very fun and not to mention educational trip. I had never gone on a school trip until then so this was very exciting and fun for me. There was an endless amount of stuff to do there which just makes me want to go back. If i ever went to DC again i would definitely spend more time in the zoo and also the natural history museum. I had never really gone to DC before but now I know that it is an awesome place to visit and  hope that i get too go back!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment