Monday, June 4, 2012

around the world in 6.4 seconds

     Yep, I'm in big trouble. The helicopters started coming in closer to the old warehouse. "come on, follow me!" the professor yells at me from behind a large crate. I sprinted over to the crate, he swiftly grabbed my wrist and pulled me down a shaft behind the crate, still firmly clasping the bronze device in his hand. I guess I should start at the beginning, I'l make this quick.

      After a few weeks of summer, I started getting extremely bored. The various trails and roads started to get tempting so one day I started walking. I made it a routine to walk down the old trails and roads. After a few weeks of walking I found an old abandoned warehouse. I went inside and found Professor Darius. The professor had been living in the warehouse and was working on a strange invention. A time machine. He refused to tell me what it actually did. I started visiting him in the warehouse and we became friends. I didn't tell anyone about it until 6 days ago. I was talking to my friend Jacob and told him about the professor, I told him not to tell but apparently he did because right now the warehouse was being surrounded by black helicopters. So here we are trying to escape and as it turns out the professor had this planned for a while because he has a secret exit.

     ]At the end of the latter a long dark stone hallway stretches for hundreds of feet, maybe even miles. As we sprint down the hallway I start to question the professor about the machine. To my surprise, he answers. "This is no ordinary time machine my boy!" he says excitedly. "Theres such thing as a normal time machine?" I say in a snarky tone. "This time machine does not simply take you back and forth through time, It slows down and speeds up time!" The professor is obviously very happy about the completion of of his device despite being chased by the government. "So you could like stop time and go home and get something and come back and nobody would even notice?!" "precisely!" the professor shouts. "well then why don't you use it right now so we can get out of here!" I say, starting to feel anger towards the professor. "Well, I haven't exactly tested it out yet" the professor gasps. "how about we try it now!" I say as I reach over. I swiftly lunge at the palm-sized device's activation button. I hear the button click and then everything goes quite.

     Me and the professor stand in the hallway in confusion. "It appears that it  didn't work" the professor says drearily. "Don't look now professor" I say pointing at the ground. The pebbles that we kicked up as we were running are suspended in the air. "By jove!" The professor shouts. he picks up one of the pebbles, lifts it up to head height and lets go. The small rock floats in the air. "Ok, lets try the other feature" the professor says blandly. Before I can say another word, the professor turns a small knob on the device.

     Suddenly I start to feel out of breath again, and then me and the professor start running down the hallway at ridiculously fast speeds. My vision is blurry and I can't think of anything for more that a couple of milliseconds. I see the ladder for a split second before me and the professor zip up it. The light causes me to go blind for a few seconds but I'm still moving. It feels like I'm not controlling my own actions. The professor apparently clicked the button because my brain starts filling with information and flipping in-between subjects. suddenly my mind goes blank and I feel dizzy. "That was amazing!" the professor says still swaying around dizzily. "Now we just have to get to Tochigi Japan" The professor states, satisfied with the device. "Whoa whoa whoa, what!" I yell at the professor. "Indeed, there is a company there that manufactures a piece that I need for my device.







No comments:

Post a Comment